Transportation and Parking Commission (T&P)
Agendas & Minutes Agenda & Minutes
The Transportation and Parking Commission will sunset on December 31, 2019. The newly formed Complete Streets and Transportation Commission will replace the Transportation and Parking Commission and the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Commission.
The Transportation and Parking Commission serves in an advisory capacity to the Town Council regarding Town policies within its scope of expertise; specifically, on matters related to transportation and parking. With the prior approval of, and/or at the direction of, the Town Council, or its delegate, the Commission shall receive public input, evaluate options, and make recommendations on policy issues including, but not limited to, the following:
- The construction, operation, and maintenance of publicly owned off-street parking lots and structures and on-street parking spaces within the Central Business District.
- Parking meter policy, directional sign placement, and parking lot traffic patterns
- Traffic calming measures in accordance with the approved Traffic Calming Policy. Such proposals, if implemented, would be temporary. Permanent installations of traffic calming measures would be made with a consensus of the affected neighborhood and the approval of the Town Council.
- Local transportation issues.
- Bikeways and bicycle system planning.
The Commission consists of seven (7) voting members:
- Six (6) adult members appointed by Council, whose terms of office are three (3) years
- One (1) Youth Commissioner as a voting member, appointed by the Youth Commission, whose term of office shall be for one (1) year with no limitations on reappointments.
MeetingsThe Commission meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month. The meetings convene at the Parks & Public Works Department - R.J. Bryant Service Center Conference Room located at 41 Miles Avenue. Commission meetings begin at 7:30 a.m.
Please call the Parks and Public Works Department at (408) 399-5770 to confirm meeting date, location, and time.
How Can I Get Involved?For application information, please click here.
All meetings are open to the public. We encourage you to attend a meeting before you apply. Contact the Parks and Public Works Department at (408) 399-5770 to confirm meeting information.
Transportation & Parking-Related Suggestion Box
If you would like to submit a suggestion for Transportation or Parking related improvements in Los Gatos, please send staff an email at email@example.com.