How do I access power and water for my event?

If using a Town facility or park where there may be existing electric power access, it is the responsibility of the organizer to indicate in their application that they would like to use the power so the Events Specialist can coordinate with the Parks and Public Works Department to ensure the power will be available for access on the event date. If the organizer needs to access private electric power sources it is the responsibility of the organizer to request access from the property owner. When the organizer does not have access to power they may use a generator and may need to obtain a fire inspection permit from the Santa Clara County Fire Department.

The organizer may not use any public water access points and must receive the property owner’s approval if using private water sources. If the organizer has any event equipment, such as portable restrooms, that require electrical or water access and it is not available the organizer must use a self-contained system.

Show All Answers

1. What are some of the event-related costs I can expect?
2. What should be included in my site map?
3. What is an event timeline?
4. What kind of insurance do I need?
5. What are the guidelines around advertising, promotion and notifications?
6. What if my event is in a park?
7. What are the security guidelines for events?
8. What are the first aid guidelines for events?
9. What are the set-up and clean-up event guidelines?
10. Do I need portable toilets?
11. What do I do with the event waste?
12. How do I access power and water for my event?
13. What is an encroachment permit?
14. Do I need a permit to sell or serve alcohol?
15. Do I need a fire permit?
16. Do I need a permit to sell or serve food?
17. What do I need to do for event parking?
18. What if I need to close a road for an event?
19. What is the road closure process?
20. How do I close N. Santa Cruz for an event?
21. What is a Traffic Control Plan (TCP)?
22. What type of equipment do I need to close a road?
23. What are examples of uniform traffic control equipment?