What is an encroachment permit?

An encroachment permit is required from Parks & Public Works Engineering division for special events when the organizer wishes to place any event equipment on any public property such as a street, sidewalk or parking lot outside of the permitted event hours and locations that have been approved in the Special Event Conditional Letter of Approval. Examples include, portable restrooms, dumpsters, etc. that are placed on a public street or lot prior to the event date. The organizer should fill out an encroachment permit application and turn it in to the Event Specialist who will work with engineering on their behalf to obtain an approved permit. The specialist will also include the encroachment permit cost in the estimate and the final invoice to the organizer.

The encroachment permit application and additional information can be found at: https://www.losgatosca.gov/2342/Encroachment-Permits

Show All Answers

1. What are some of the event-related costs I can expect?
2. What should be included in my site map?
3. What is an event timeline?
4. What kind of insurance do I need?
5. What are the guidelines around advertising, promotion and notifications?
6. What if my event is in a park?
7. What are the security guidelines for events?
8. What are the first aid guidelines for events?
9. What are the set-up and clean-up event guidelines?
10. Do I need portable toilets?
11. What do I do with the event waste?
12. How do I access power and water for my event?
13. What is an encroachment permit?
14. Do I need a permit to sell or serve alcohol?
15. Do I need a fire permit?
16. Do I need a permit to sell or serve food?
17. What do I need to do for event parking?
18. What if I need to close a road for an event?
19. What is the road closure process?
20. How do I close N. Santa Cruz for an event?
21. What is a Traffic Control Plan (TCP)?
22. What type of equipment do I need to close a road?
23. What are examples of uniform traffic control equipment?