- The Youth Commission is to foster and encourage civic and neighborhood pride and a sense of identity through the knowledge, understanding, and increased involvement of the Town’s youth in the Town’s present and future municipal affairs.
- The Los Gatos-Monte Sereno Explorer Program is a volunteer program with the Los Gatos-Monte Sereno Police Department. This program allows young men and women between the ages of 14 and 21 the opportunity to learn more about the criminal justice field, while serving their community.
- The Los Gatos/Monte Sereno Foundation is committed to supporting our Police Department and our community by providing funding for public safety tools and educational outreach programs. By providing additional funding, we assist in maintaining the high quality of life and the low crime rate that residents, businesses and visitors of Los Gatos and Monte Sereno enjoy. For more information and to view upcoming events, please visit the Police Foundation website.
CERT (Community Emergency Response Team)
- The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) is one of the most visible Town emergency preparedness programs, sponsored by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). This 21-hour course offers training in disaster preparation response and recovery skills.
DART (Disaster Aid Response Team)
- The Los Gatos-Monte Sereno Disaster Aid Response Team is an organization of citizen volunteers founded in 1982. As part of the department's Bureau of Support Services, these volunteers utilize their training to assist in various emergency and service responses to the Town of Los Gatos and City of Monte Sereno. DART supports community events and provides callout support for the Los Gatos-Monte Sereno Police Department for traffic control, lost person searches, and evidence searches. For more information visit: http://lgmsdart.org/
VIP (Volunteers in Policing)
- The Volunteers In Policing Program (VIP) was developed by the Police Department in December 1994. It is comprised of approximately 50 members who are familiar with the Town of Los Gatos and City of Monte Sereno. These trained volunteers are used to enhance crime prevention awareness and community services.
VSU (Victim Services Unit)
- The Victim Services Unit (VSU) was established in February of 2011. This unit is committed to providing the highest level of support and guidance for victims of crime that occur in Los Gatos and Monte Sereno.
SR2S (Safe Routes to School)
- In an cooperative effort, town and school district staff developed school route plans for each of the elementary and middle schools in the Los Gatos Union School District.