Welcome to the Finance Department
Meet our Finance Director
Stephen D. Conway, CPA has been the Finance Director of the Town of Los Gatos since May of 2001. Prior to joining the Town, Steve held the position of Chief Accounting Officer/Controller for the Santa Clara Valley Water District for five years and served as the Accounting Manager for the City of Campbell for nine years. In addition, he spent three years as auditor at a CPA firm, focusing primarily on local government audits. Steve has been a Certified Public Accountant since 1985 and is currently an active CPA.
As a member of the Governmental Finance Officers Association’s (GFOA) Special Review Committee and Budget Review Committee, Steve utilizes his financial expertise by volunteering his time reviewing other local government’s annual budgets and financial reports. He has also provided this service as a member of the California Society of Municipal Finance Officers (CSMFO). In 2011 Steve was selected by the Silicon Valley Business Journal as the Judges Choice for Silicon Valley CFO of the year.
Programs & Services
To ensure legal and fiscal accountability to the public, the Finance and Administrative Services Department:
- Provides financial oversight of the Town's funds, verifying proper practices are in place and operational responsibility is upheld.
- Develops and monitors the Town and Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency's Annual Operating Budget and Annual Capital Improvement Program Budget in accordance with Government Finance Officer Association (GFOA) guidelines.
- Coordinates the annual audit of the Town's financial statements and preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
- Maintains the Town's financial operating system for record-keeping and reporting of all financial transactions.
Provides Financial and Administrative Services, including:
- Accounts payable and payroll disbursement and reporting services
- Accounts receivable invoicing, revenue collection, and cash reconcilement
- Business license processing and auditing services
- Accounting, arbitrage reporting, and claim reimbursement services for bond issues
- Procurement process oversight, including purchase order processing, financial tracking of contracts, vendor resolution issues, and proper accounting allocation
- State and local subvention claim administration