Welcome to the Finance Department
Meet our Interim Finance Director
Gitta Ungvari has more than 15 years of finance experience with the Town of Los Gatos and worked on the town’s annual operating budget and capital budgets, as well as payroll, business licenses and other finance functions. She earned her Master of Business Administration from the University of Massachusetts.
Programs & Services
To ensure legal and fiscal accountability to the public, the Finance and Administrative Services Department:
- Provides financial oversight of the Town's funds, verifying proper practices are in place and operational responsibility is upheld.
- Develops and monitors the Town and Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency's Annual Operating Budget and Annual Capital Improvement Program Budget in accordance with Government Finance Officer Association (GFOA) guidelines.
- Coordinates the annual audit of the Town's financial statements and preparation of the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report.
- Maintains the Town's financial operating system for record-keeping and reporting of all financial transactions.
Provides Financial and Administrative Services, including:
- Accounts payable and payroll disbursement and reporting services
- Accounts receivable invoicing, revenue collection, and cash reconcilement
- Business license processing and auditing services
- Accounting, arbitrage reporting, and claim reimbursement services for bond issues
- Procurement process oversight, including purchase order processing, financial tracking of contracts, vendor resolution issues, and proper accounting allocation
- State and local subvention claim administration