November 5, 2024, Presidential General Election
- Vote by Mail Starts October 7, 2024
- Early Voting at the Registrar of Voters (ROV) - October 7 to Monday November 4, 2024
- Last day to register to vote for this election - Monday, October 21, 2024
- Last Day to request vote-by-mail ballot to be mailed - Tuesday, October 29, 2024
- Vote Centers Open Saturday, October 29 to Tuesday, November 8, 2024
There are two drop boxes available at the Civic Center, 110 E. Main Street. One is located right outside the Clerk's office and the other is located outside in front of the library.
District lines get redrawn every 10 years. Will you be affected?
Voter's Choice Act
Santa Clara county Registrar of Voters (ROV) is modernizing voting and providing voters with greater flexibility and convenience.
As of the March 3, 2020, Presidential Primary Election:
- Every registered voter received a Vote by Mail ballot starting 29 days before Election Day.
- Voters can vote at any of the Vote centers in Santa Clara County.
- Approximately 100 Vote Centers will be open for 4 days, including Election Day.
- Vote Centers will offer more space, additional services, and new enhanced voting equipment.
VOTERS will have more options and will get to choose WHEN, WHERE, and HOW to vote!
What are the options?
- Mail your ballot in a postage-paid return envelope
- Place your ballot in an Official Ballot Drop Box
- Return your ballot to any Vote Center
Get a ballot at a Vote Center
- When: Vote centers open 10 days before and including Election Day (October 29 - November 5, 2024)
- Where: Visit any of the Vote Centers located throughout Santa Clara County
- How: Vote with a paper ballot or on a new voting machine
*The Registrar of Voters' main office, 1555 Berger Drive, Building 2, San Jose, will be open for early voting 28 days before Election Day.
Voter's Choice Act Implementation
The Voter's Choice Act (VCA) is a law passed by the California State Legislature in 2016. The VCA was implemented successfully in San Mateo, Sacramento, Napa, Nevada, and Madera Counties during the 2018 Elections. Two of the largest counties in California, Los Angeles and Orange, have also signed on to the VCA model for the 2020 Elections.
For more information, please call toll free: (866) 430-VOTE (8683) or email: email@example.com