November 8, 2022 Gubernatorial General Election
- Vote by Mail Starts October 10, 2022
- Early Voting at the Registrar of Voters (ROV) - October 11 to Monday November 7, 2022
- Last day to register to vote for this election - Monday, October 24, 2022
- Last Day to request vote-by-mail ballot to be mailed - Tuesday, November 1, 2022
- Vote Centers Open Saturday, October 29 to Tuesday, November 8, 2022
Find your closet drop box and vote center. There are two drop boxes available at the Civic Center, 110 E. Main Street. One is located right outside the Clerk's office and the other is located outside in front of the library.
District lines get redrawn every 10 years. Will you be affected?
Voter's Choice Act
Santa Clara county Registrar of Voters (ROV) is modernizing voting and providing voters with greater flexibility and convenience.
Commencing with the March 3, 2020 Presidential Primary Election:
- Every registered voter received a Vote By Mail ballot starting 29 days before Election day.
- Voters can vote at any of the Vote centers in Santa Clara County.
- Approximately 100 Vote Centers will be open for 4 days, including Election Day.
- Vote Centers will offer more space, additional services, and new enhanced voting equipment.
VOTERS will have more options and will get to choose WHEN, WHERE, and HOW to vote!
What are the options?
- Mail your ballot in a postage-paid return envelope
- Place your ballot in an Official Ballot Drop Box
- Return your ballot to any Vote Center
Get a ballot at a Vote Center
- When: Vote any day during election week (May 28-June 7, 2022)
- Where: Visit any of the Vote Centers located throughout the County
- How: Vote a paper ballot or on a new voting machine
*The Registrar of Voters' main office, 1555 Berger Drive, Building 2, San Jose, will be open for early voting 29 days before Election Day.
Voter's Choice Act Implementation
The Voter's Choice Act (VCA) is a new law passed by the California State Legislature in 2016. The VCA was implemented successfully in San Mateo, Sacramento, Napa, Nevada, and Madera Counties during the 2018 Elections. Two of the largest counties in California, Los Angeles and Orange, have also signed on to the VCA model for the 2020 Elections.
For more information, please call toll free: (866) 430-VOTE (8683) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org