C-1 Zone or Neighborhood Commercial Zone
The C-1 or Neighborhood Commercial zone applies to areas easily accessible and useful for retail, service and administrative uses that facilitate the day-to-day needs of Los Gatos residents
Find Zoning Requirements
Go to Chapter 29, Article VI, Division 3 of the Town Code to check the Zoning Requirements for C-1 Zone or Neighborhood Commercial Zone, or you may contact the Town of Los Gatos Community Development Department. Please supply the following information:
- Street Address
- Nearest Cross Street
- Assessor's Parcel Number (APN) if available
Permitted Uses in C-1 Zones
The following uses are permitted:
- Personal service businesses and service businesses necessary for the conduct of households
- Office uses
- Limited manufacturing uses when the majority of sales are made, on site, to the ultimate consumer
- Approved uses permitted in the Commercial-Industrial (LM) zone before February 1, 1993. However, any change of use must comply the C-1 zone requirements
Examples of proper C-1 uses:
- Grocery stores, Drugstores, Launderette agencies, Dry cleaning agencies, Barbershops, Appliance repair shops, Office.
- Vehicle service and sales, Manufacturing, Laundry, Wholesaling, Palmist, Soothsayers.
Lot Size Requirements
There are no minimum lot area requirements in the C-1 zone.
Minimum Setback Requirements
- Front ... 15'
- Side ... None
- Rear ... None
- Street Side ... 15'
- Front* ... 25'
- Side* ... 20'
- Rear* ... 20'
- Street Side* ... 15'
The maximum building height in the C-1 zone is 35' (measured from the the natural or finished grade, whichever is lower and creates a lower profile, to the uppermost point of the roof edge, wall parapet, mansard, or other point directly above that grade).
Note: Towers, spires, elevator and mechanical penthouses, cupolas, similar structures and necessary mechanical appurtenances which are not used for human activity or storage may be higher than the maximum height noted. Please contact the Planning Department for further questions.
The maximum building coverage, including any type of accessory buildings, is 50%.
Parking Assessment District Requirements
The Floor Area Ratio (FAR) for new buildings or expansions of gross floor area of existing buildings must not exceed .60.
In the event a building or buildings that exceed a FAR of .60 within the C-1 zone are destroyed involuntarily, reconstruction to the amount of prior floor area shall be allowed.