Santa Clara County Mandatory Directive for Construction Projects Effective July 7, 2020.
Welcome to the Town of Los Gatos Building Division
The Town's Community Development Department proudly introduces a new Online Permitting Services System. We can now accept, review, and provide feedback for documents submitted securely online. This allows our customers to apply and pay for planning entitlements, building permits, and other Town-issued permits.
By offering Online Permitting Services, the Town can continue to serve customers during the Shelter in Place Order period. It also ensures our development partners can get right back to work, once the Shelter in Place Orders are lifted. We are in this together, and our new online services offer new ways to keep us moving forward.
We hope you find using Online Permitting Services safe and as simple as 1-2-3-4!
- Become an Accela Citizen Access registered user. Head to the Accela Citizen Portal here and register with your email address. You’ll receive a confirmation email to your inbox. Once you confirm, you’re ready for step 2!
- Complete a pre-application, which includes submitting your plans, documents, and other project-related materials. Staff will review your materials to ensure your file contains all the materials necessary for your project to be reviewed. You may consider checking out the submittal guidelines here as you prepare your plans.
- Resolve fees for your application. Once your file has everything needed, it will move on from being a pre-application to a full application. You will be asked to pay associated fees online via credit card. Alternatively, you can mail a check to pay for the associated fees. Then your project will be assigned to the appropriate staff for review.
- Responding to comments & collaborating with staff. Through the ACA platform, you can receive comments, marked-up plans, provide resubmissions, and other activities related to the review of your application. We encourage you to collaborate with staff via email. We may not be available in-person, but we remain ready to serve.
If you submitted an application for review prior to the Shelter in Place Order, we will be reaching out to you shortly. Our aim is to ensure you receive the comments from staff in a manner that complies with the Order and allows your project to move forward. We appreciate your patience.
We are excited to offer services that safely keep our community moving forward!
The Building Division does not accept Plan Check Submittals or Resubmittals by FedEx, UPS or any other mail courier.
The Building Division helps to ensure health, safety and welfare of the citizens, property owners and visitors of the Town of Los Gatos. The Building Division is responsible for plan review of all new construction, additions and remodels for both commercial and residential properties and construction inspection services for all projects including electrical, plumbing and mechanical installations. We ensure compliance with state and local codes, policies, guidelines and standards of all residential and commercial structures within the town limits.
The Town's new Online Permits System is available for the following Residential permits: Electrical Service Panel (200 amp or less), Copper Repipe, Water Heater Replacement (same type and location), Water Line (repair / replacement), and Furnace and Air Conditioner Replacement (same location) for parcels in the town's jurisdiction. Contractors and property owners can register to use the system to create any of the above permits on the Online Permits System. Contractors must have a current Business License for the Town to obtain permits.
The Building Division also offers online access to view the building permit history for parcels in the town's jurisdiction. Please do not register for an account if you are only viewing permits. The public can view pending and issued building permits from 1994 forward via the web. Building permit history prior to 1994 is available to view via Laserfiche and/or Microfiche at the Town Building Division counter between the hours of 8 a.m. and 1 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Other Associated Links
- California Building Officials
- California Building Standards Commission
- California Energy Commission
- Certified Access Specialist List
- Contractors State License Board
- International Code Council
- ICC Evaluation Services
- Peninsula Chapter -ICC
- Santa Clara County Fire Department
- Santa Clara Valley Water District
- Santa Clara County Environmental Health (click on consumer protection division)
- Silicon Valley Clean Energy eHub
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- West Valley Sanitation District