File a Claim
To file a claim against the Town of Los Gatos, please complete a claim form as required under Government Code Sections 900 et. seq. Please be sure to fill out the form completely, as an incomplete or incorrect form may delay the processing of your claim:
- If this claim relates to the death or injury of a person, or damage to personal property or to growing crops, this claim must be presented to the Town of Los Gatos not later than six months after the accrual of the cause of action.
- Complete the form as accurately as possible and attach any invoices, photographs or estimates that support the claim for damages. This will assist the Town in processing the claim promptly. The Town will not return supporting documents or photographs, so it is recommended that you retain copies of everything sent to the Town in conjunction with the claim.
- Filing a claim with the Town is accomplished by delivering or mailing the original of the claim, by the last day of the applicable time period to the Clerk Administrator, Town of Los Gatos, 110 E. Main Street, Los Gatos, CA 95030. In order to protect your rights under state law, it is recommended that you have the claim delivered in person and obtain an endorsed copy, or mail the claim by certified mail, return receipt requested.
- The claim may be amended at any time before the Town takes action. Any amendment shall be considered a part of the original claim for all purposes.
- These guidelines explain only a few of your rights and obligations under state law regarding claims against public agencies. You may seek the advice of a private attorney at any time during the investigation and evaluation of your claim. The Town Attorney, however, can not advise you on your claim.