- Living in Los Gatos
- Town Departments and Services
- Parks and Public Works
- Capital Improvement Program
- Connect Los Gatos
- Blossom Hill Road Traffic Safety
Blossom Hill Road Traffic Safety
Residents have expressed concerns about traffic safety and vehicle speeds along this arterial corridor of Blossom Hill Road between Camelia Terrace and Hillbrook Drive. The corridor is well used by Blossom Hill Park users and children attending Blossom Hill Elementary. In fiscal year 2020-21, a traffic safety study was completed for this segment (the study may be viewed here). The study identified opportunities for improvements to the corridor to benefit multi-modal transportation, provide traffic calming, and increase safety. Town staff shared the recommendations made in the study for the safety improvements at the first community meeting for the project held in January 2021. The Town is looking to make improvements in phases pending available funding for the project.
Blossom Hill Road Field Traffic Study
Updates from Field Traffic Study conducted on 10/13/2022 can be found here. Update notifications were mailed out to the Blossom Hill Road neighborhood on 11/10/2022.
Phase I Concept Design is scheduled for Town Council approval at the Dec. 6th council meeting.
If you have any questions, please email Janice Chin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Second Community Meeting (9/22/2022) Presentation Slides (click here)
Initial Concept Plan (click here)
The Town staff has developed a concept plan to install striping and bollards to create Class IV bike lanes and reduce travel lanes to one lane each direction within the project segment. The plan is to make the proposed improvements as part of the 2023 Street Repair and Resurfacing Project in the summer. The concept plan will be presented at the Community Meeting scheduled for September 22, 2022. The concept plan may be viewed here.
- December 2020: Traffic safety study completed by Hexagon Transportation Consultants
- January 2021: Community meeting #1 to discuss the recommendations from the study
- March 2022: Advertised a Request for Proposals (RFP) to hire a consultant to prepare 35% plans and estimate. Hexagon Transportation Consultants was selected to perform the work.
- September 8, 2022: CSTC meeting to discuss the concept plans for Blossom Hill Road
- September 22, 2022: Community meeting #2 to discuss the concept plans
- Tentatively October/November 2022: Present the concept plans to Council
- Tentatively Summer 2023: Install concept plans with the 2023 Street Resurfacing Project